You may not know but we have been running Ideation sessions helping inventors and start-ups since 2015. Continuing that offering in 2017, we also plan to expand and add other seminars, helping inventors, start-ups and also established companies by providing information and access to new innovative technologies, specialist/experienced companies and individuals.
Our first event in this series will be held on Saturday, February 11th 2017 at our site here in Shannon…beginning at 10am and finishing at 1pm or thereabouts. We have invited in the company, 3D Technology, to provide information and demonstration on various aspects of 3D printing, CAD Modelling and reverse engineering solutions etc. If you have both the time and the interest, you are very welcome to join 3D Technology at our seminar as they demonstrate how you can drive productivity at every stage of the product development cycle with their 3D printing, CAD modelling, and reverse engineering solutions. From early concept design to final manufacturing, 3D Technology spans the entire creation process and all steps in between. 3D Technology can add value at each of these steps and help you get there faster, better and cheaper.
3D printing is changing the development and manufacturing processes, accelerating time-to-market and increasing production agility of virtually every industry – automotive, aerospace, medical, industrial products, consumer products, education, jewellery and more. See how customers are taking full advantage of 3D technologies in a wide range of applications.
- Concept models for quick, iterative designs facilitating communication – featuring the precision and speed of the affordable, office-friendly ProJet® MJP 2500 Series
- Design validation for functional testing to improve product quality – featuring the large capacity, multi-material composite ProJet® MJP 5500X printer with new elastomeric materials
- Pre-production parts with rapid tooling to bridge the gap before final hard tooling – featuring the latest high resolution, high throughput ProJet® MJP 3600 Series for high performance parts, patterns and moulds
- Direct manufacturing of complex and innovative products and components on-demand – featuring the robust and scalable ProX® DMP 320 direct metal printer for demanding 24/7 production environments
- CAD design Solid Edge is a portfolio of affordable, easy-to-use software tools that address all aspects of the product development process – 3D design, simulation, manufacturing, data management and more, thanks to a growing ecosystem of apps. Solid Edge combines the speed and simplicity of direct modelling with the flexibility and control of parametric design – made possible with synchronous technology.
- Reverse engineering scanners Faro will be on-site to demonstrate their range of 3D scan to CAD solutions.
- Reverse engineering software Both Faro and 3D Systems scanners are used with the industry standard 3D Systems Geomagic Design X reverse engineering software.
It’s a chance to get an up close and personal view of the latest advancements in 3D printing and how 3D printing technologies can accelerate your design-to-manufacturing workflow.
If that’s of interest to you, let me know and we’ll put you on the guest list.
Originally Published on LinkedIn January 29 2017 ( https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/supporting-innovation-john-o-connell )